Expenses produced by the purchase (paid by the buyer):
- ITP or I.V.A:
- The tax of Patrimonial Transmissions, is the one that taxes the sales of the second-hand properties. These transmissions are taxed between 4 – 10% depending on the Autonomous Community and the deed price of the property.
- IVA (Value Added Tax) of 10% is paid , in the event that the property is of new construction, those that are acquired right after its construction.
- Notarial fees:
- The services provided by the notary will be those of giving public faith in the legal facts related to the sale of a property.
- The notary fees are regulated by the government. Making the deed of the sale will have a price depending on the value of the property.
- Registration fees:
- The registration of a property is according to the value of the property.
|For a value of or less than 6.010,12 €||24,04 €|
|For the excess value between 6.010,13 € – 30.050, 61 €||1,75 € x every 1.000 €|
|For the excess value between 30.050,62 € – 60.101,21 €||1,25 € x every 1.000 €|
|For the excess value between 60.101,22 € – 150.253,03 €||0,75 € x every 1.000 €|
|For the excess value between 150.101,22 € – 150.253,03 €||0,30 € x every 1.000 €|
|For the excess value higher than 601.012,10 €||0,20 € x every 1.000 €|
Expenses caused by the sale (paid by the seller):
- Plusvalía Municipal:
- The municipal tax is the increased value of an urban land experienced during the years that the seller has owned the property.
- It is calculated taking into account the cadastral value, the number of years the seller has had the property and the coefficient approved
by the corresponding municipality. The result is multiplied by the type of tax established by the municipality and so we will have the amount to pay for the surplus value.
*In case of exceeding 20 years, the maximum (20 years) will be taken as a reference and may never be less than 1 year.
*In case of the sale of the property, if loss occurs (non-existence of increase in value) and it is demonstrated, this tax will not be paid.
- Plusvalía Fiscal
- The fiscal capital gain is the benefit obtained after the sale of a property, taking into account the price that was purchased and the capital gain obtained from this operation.
* The sale of the habitual residence can be tax free if the amount received is used to purchase another house within a maximum period of 2 years (this intention must be stated in the income statement of the year of the sale).
- The tax on real estate taxes the ownership of any property located in the municipality that collects the tax. The municipality is responsible for setting the amount to be paid for the properties.
- It is calculated from the following values: cadastral value of the land, cadastral value of the constructions, location of the property, age of the property, … some of these data can be consulted in the Cadaster.
- This tax is the price paid for the collecting and organisation of our garbage, it’s a payment for the service.
- Income statement:
- The Income Tax Return or Personal Income Tax (IRPF) is a tax that must be paid by all national and foreign citizens residing in Spain to the Public Treasury in relation to the income they have had during the year or on the value of equity.